THE DOS AND DON’TS OF HEMROIDS
It is difficult to guard oneself completely from hemroids, but a lot can be done by way of prevention if one follows a strict line of self-discipline with regard to eating habits and general lifestyle. Above all, one should try as much as possible to avoid becoming constipated because that will expose one to the dangers caused by straining to pass hard and dry stool – hemroids!
Here are some Dos and Don’ts about hemorrhoids that can keep you safe:
- Eat a lot of fibrous foods regularly, e.g. cereals, vegetables, fruits, beans, peas, etc.
- Drink a lot of water and juices daily.
- Exercise regularly to aid digestion.
- Follow a balanced and nutritious diet.
- Avoid fatty foods and junk foods.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol.
- Avoid getting constipated.
- Don’t sit in one place for a long period of time without getting up to stretch yourself.
- Avoid straining bowel muscles by lifting heavy loads or doing very hard labour.